Tuesday 1 February 2011

long time no see

It's been a while since I last posted here, thought I should make a quick update just to keep this blog alive, sort of.


Right, that's our logo=) There has been a lot going on, mostly on the development side: at the moment there's sh loads of code in the repository that, unfortunately, does very little on the front side. This is, as I realised, mostly because we decided to skip the prototyping stage and go straight for alpha, and it's an entirely different story, as you do have to write enormous amount of code to ensure scalability, component re-usability, etc. If the whole thing works out - fantastic, we saved some time on prototyping. If not - well, I got to work on my first proper MVC system in PHP, a hell of a lot of experience. It wasn't actually something we talked about as a team, but rather happened naturally. Oh, the team! There's finally only three of us. I counted today: at different stages of the project 7 people have come and gone. Some were really excited about the idea, but when it came to the point of "ok, let's do it. now" suddenly all the motivation disappeared, but whatever, it's just a normal thing to happen.

Well, I think that should be enough for a "quick update". Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Its can be bad for motivation when people drop out, and its great that you still sound exited! I bet that a huge percentage of projects fail simply because of lack of motivation and excitement at a certain point.

    ReplyDelete